5 cents' worth

Work sucks! Life sucks! Everything sucks!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

New style?

Met up with dq. It had been a long time since I last saw her. About 1.5 months. We were supposed to meet at 1045am, but both of us were late. She reached 1 minute later than me, so I'm still considered early. Haha. We slowly made our way to suntec kbox while chatting. It was fun teasing her, taking videos of her singing and best of all to laugh at her.

At around 2pm, we set off for bugis. Dq had an appointment for a haircut at Toni & Guy Academy at 215pm. I was included at the last minute to accompany her. Well, we were late. After reaching that place, we were ushered into the main hairdressing area. There was this guy, believed to be the mentor to all the trainees briefing them. He asked dq some questions and analyzed how the cut was going to be to her hairdresser. Then it was my turn. He asked me some questions. "I just want to trim my hair. Intend to grow my hair longer." He said that my hair got no specific style, got natural curl and my face is wide and that the fringe is very important to cover the face. After which, he told my hairdresser to cut "round" shape which was something like that of hers.

I was told to go to the washing area and had my hair washed and shampooed. My hairdresser asked if I knew "Guo Yu". I was wondering what was that, but I said ya. Initially, I thought she was from China. But after chatting with her while she was cutting my hair, I finally knew she was frm Taiwan. I asked her about her hometown, places of interests etc.

Suddenly in the middle of our conversation, she told me she was going to find the mentor. Then when he arrived, she told him that she had cut 1 side shorter than the other and how to correct it. But the act knowledgeable mentor told her, it didn't really matter as long as the overall feel is there. Argh.

Then before I realised anything, she was already cutting my fringe. I thought her mentor said that the fringe is very important? Argh. I could only watch helplessly as she snapped off my fringe strand by strand. My heart ached with each strand of hair shortened. Sigh.

After more cutting, my hair was finally done. A very big contrast to my previous one. She blowed dry my hair with the hairdryer and took some wax or gel and started styling my hair. Then came the mentor and he commented "very nice" and went to style my hair further to get those funky look.

Then she wanted to take pics of the hairstyle. Argh. And I had to stand there looking like some idiot while she took pictures of my hair. After which, my hairdresser gave me her taiwan hp no. and email address and told me to find her if I ever go to Taiwan. Hmm. Quite friendly.

As I was the first one to finish my haircut, I got the opportunity to look at the others while waiting for dq to finish. Her long hair was shortened to shoulder length. But her fringe was quite nice. Got this slanting look.

Around 445pm, we left the place. I quickly got rid of the funky look and kept pulling my hair. Then I grumbled to dq saying my fringe was so short and that my hair like no hair like that. She said at least it was a new style. Haha.

We walked all the way to marina square and shopped around. As there were not many shops around, we decided to find a place to sit down and chat. We settled on Changing Appetites and ordered 2 desserts to share. The egg waffle and the red bean icecream were nice.

My fringe was quite long before the cut

Then fringe became so short

1 of the specialty dessert. Got red bean paste & icecream

Banana egg waffle. Nice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home